All Birch Shells
Birch shells produce a lower fundamental tone than maple. Their crisp sound quality with short attack decay makes them optimal for recording situations. Our Air Seal System shells feature select birch wood cut in plies, positioned with staggered diagonal seams, and sealed together with evenly distributed air pressure. This process ensures that every drum shell is in round and of uniform thickness while providing superior tone quality and durability.
Precision-machined lug nuts provide noise-free control, due to their springless casing design. Manufactured as genuine one-piece units, our high-tension lugs have established one of the principal trends in modern design.
Mounted Toms and Floor Toms Equipped with YESS Mounts
Long found on our high-end drum kits our original YESS (Yamaha Enhanced Sustain System) allows attachment of the drum to the tom holder without the need of a hole in the drum shell for the rod to pass through. The YESS clamp is attached to the shell at the nodal point with two bolts so as to allow the shell to vibrate freely without degrading the shell’s dynamic range and sustain. The nodal point is the location on a shell with the least amount of vibration allowing for the mount to have minimal affect to the resonance of the shell.
- Shell: 100% Birch 6ply (with inner Dark Brown paint)
- Bearing Edge: 30 degree / R1.5
- Lug: Newly designed weighted high-tension lug (one piece)
- TT/FT Head: Top: Remo US Coasted Ambassador, Bottom: Remo US Clear Ambassador
- BD Head: Front: Remo smooth white PS3 with Yamaha logo, batter: Remo PS3 coated (only 18″ BD Remo coated Ambassador)
- Tom Mount: Y.E.S.S System
- BD Leg: Convertible type
- Bass Drum: Diameter: 22”, Depth: 16”
- Floor Tom: Diameter: 16”, Depth: 15”
- Floor Tom: Diameter: 14”, Depth: 13”
- Tom Tom: Diameter: 12”, Depth: 8”
- Tom Tom: Diameter: 10”, Depth: 7”